Growing up playing sports, I played my way through many pairs of shoes. Countless layups, jump shots, drills, laps around the track and trail runs led me to a desire for excellence on the playing field and around the track. There was one shoe company that coined a slogan that most of us remember, ‘Just do it’. When I say, ‘Just Do It’ most of us immediately know the brand, the shoes it represents and the mega company that emerged. I love this slogan. When God tells you to do something you have to go and DO IT!
“Do not merely listen to the word, and deceive yourselves. Do what it says.” James 1:22
Last Sunday we revealed 217church will be opening a 2nd worship site for 217church on Sunday mornings. This means in October of 2013, our Sunday morning worship environment will be as one church, in two locations, three worship services. We know many of you are asking, so what do I do now? I want to be a part, but how? We will be sending a team of 50-100 people from our Hamilton Campus to go and start this work, but I wanted to share a few simple ways you can participate in this vision NOW.
Five Things You Can Do NOW…
#1 Pray – Prayer is the primary work of the people of God. Our motivation in starting this new campus in East Windsor is to help people meet and follow Jesus. My family used to live in East Windsor and it is time for us to extend the vision of “Serving Relentlessly” to these neighborhoods.
- Pray for the Community- We will be doing prayer walks in the near future, but immediately you can begin to pray for the people who will be a part and don’t even know it yet. Prayer is the true pioneering work of the Holy Spirit. Make this a part of your daily conversation with God.
- Pray for Your Part- What will you do? Will you go and be the first response team on the ground in this new work?
- Pray for finances – We believe God will provide everything we need for this work, for some of us, this new campus is a perfect time to get in the game with our giving. You can start right now and give here.
- Pray for leaders – We will need at least one pastor and a small support staff.
#2 Serve Now – We will be multiplying every team we have at the Hamilton Campus to the new campus. We are building teams strong here so we can have a healthy multiplication there. Contact email@example.com to serve once a month. Here are the current weekend teams you can connect with:
- Set Up & Tear Down Team- Theater arrival time 7:45 AM or 12:30 PM. This is the most “hands on” of all the teams as we put up outdoor and indoor signs, stuff bibles, set up the platform, sound equipment and create a welcoming environment.
- Hospitality Team- Theater arrival time 8:15 AM. These are the people that create a welcoming environment. From helping people find a parking spot to greeting and assisting to make sure people are seated comfortably, our hospitality team smiles and welcomes people to the family. They are the front door to the church!
- 217kids & Tots Team – Theater arrival time 8:15 AM. We don’t do childcare! We set the stage for children to feel accepted, loved and have fun while they learn about Jesus and His love for them. These co-workers are driving character anchors deep in the hearts of our children.
- Worship & Media Team – Theater arrival time 7:45 AM. This is the team that facilitates the service. From serving on the worship team to running a camera, sound boards, and setting up lights, this team makes the service happen! We just launched a new high quality video/audio available on our web and podcast because of the selfless serving of the media team.
#3 Spread the Word – A year will pass by faster than you know it and we believe the hard work of prayer, organizing and communicating now will lead to an incredible launch of our first ever multiplication.
#4 Help Start a Small Group – We have over 20 groups meeting in the Central Jersey area and we want to have even more groups in East Windsor. If you live there, consider using your home / apartment to Host a small group. Contact Dan@217church.com to make this happen.
#5 Keep your Eye on the Vision – Can you see it? We can already see week one of our East Windsor ministry!
- People getting Restored in their relationship with Jesus, getting baptized and “Pursuing God Passionately.” We see a change in the eternal destiny of people in our community.
- People actively Rebuilding the church one life at a time through “Caring for One Another Deeply.” We see our church giving purpose and meaning through belonging to a mission bigger than any of us can even fathom.
- The church Renewing the community through “Serving Relentlessly.” We see those who feel abandoned, alone and helpless, gaining dignity, experiencing love, and being empowered through having their basic needs met.
Do you see it?
Now, JUST DO IT!