“…Have I not commanded you, be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened” Joshua 1:9
Although Jesus isn’t dead, before we know it, we can start living like the resurrection never happened! It is easy for us to be misguided in our focus and start worrying, complaining, and thinking always about our current problems. But when we fully embrace the Easter story, we cannot stay the same.
5 Reasons Easter Change Everything
1. Following Jesus Gives Hope – As I look at people’s eyes in the local coffee shop, some are empty as can be. People are pursuing all sorts of different goals and ambitions that at the end of the day leave them wanting more. Something twisted happens when you finally arrive at what you think you want. You become EMPTY. But the alternative to pursuing worldly wealth, power and pride is pursuing Jesus. When you follow Jesus you live differently and He gives you a new plan, a new identity, and a hopeful future. In John 14 Jesus says, “I am going to prepare a place for you.” This is no doubt a reference to heaven and what comes after we die for those who confess Jesus as their Lord and Savior. When you come into a relationship with Jesus, you don’t just get heaven, but as it says in John 10:10, you also get a new life and a Fresh Start! Take A Risk and follow Jesus!
Question: Are you willing to follow Jesus? March 31 Sermon Topic at 217church 9:30 & 11 am
2. Jesus Has Your Best Interest In Mind – Hearing what Jesus says is one thing, but actually doing what He wants us to do in obedience is another! What we fail to realize is we think we know what is best, but what we don’t have is perspective. We often make decisions based on what we think is best for the moment and not what is best for the long haul. We often forget that Jesus knows our tomorrow and we need to give him our today. What is God telling you to do? Sell something? Move somewhere? Go to college? Serve someone? Whatever it is, the sooner you do it, the sooner you become unstuck and can move into the next growth season of your life. Take A Risk and obey God. Never forget Jesus has a plan for you. Jeremiah 29:11
Question: Are you willing to do what God tells you? April 7 Sermon Topic
3. Your Possibilities are ENDLESS! – Sometimes we don’t receive from God because we don’t ask and sometimes we don’t receive because we ask from the wrong heart with the wrong motives. The more you develop your relationship with God through prayer, the more you are able to get in sync with what He wants for your life. This is something that takes a lifetime to master and there is no quick fix. It all starts with the foundational belief that says, “I believe Jesus has amazing plan with purpose for my life.” If you have lost faith and don’t have this belief, you have to pray and get it back. The good news is that God is a God of second, third and fourth chances. He is faithful and is waiting for you to activate your faith. Ask Him for His heart in every matter and Matthew 21:22 says, “If you believe you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” This verse has limitless possibilities for you. It’s time to Take A Risk and Ask for BIG things from God
Question: Are you willing to ask for ANYTHING? April 14 Sermon Topic
4. Go Ahead, Let Go Of Your Dreams – There comes a time when we must let go of what we want and start embracing what God has for us. When your dream dies it is the most exciting day of your life. It isn’t a time of mourning, but a time of great celebration. Most of the time, the death of a personal dream involves a change in the way you view your MONEY! In order to grasp God’s dream for your life, you must change the way you view money. It isn’t your money, but it’s HIS money! For some of us, the biggest risk we can take is to give without restraint. Most of us trust in things. Don’t deny it, I’m human, your human, we all have “material issues.” This simply means at some level we all have selfish problems in the way we handle money. There is a deep connection between money and following Jesus and it’s time to Take A Risk and trust Jesus.
Question: Are you willing to Give without restraint? April 21 Sermon Topic
5. We Can Let Go Of Bitterness – Some of us discover very early in life that life is FULL of pain. It is not a matter of if we will get hurt but when we will get hurt. Once we are hurt if we aren’t careful, bitterness can take root and start to destroy our soul. It eats away at our emotions and causes insecurities to form. There is a saying that I use, “hurt people…hurt people.” So the key to this is realize the resurrection power lives in you. This means you have the power to forgive. It doesn’t mean you even need to want to, but by His strength, you are going to forgive. We are to be agents of forgiveness, always willing to turn the other cheek. This only happens when we get our heart right with God. Are you willing to Take A Risk and forgive?
Question: Are you willing to Forgive without reservation? April 28 Sermon Topic
Are you willing to TAKE A RISK? It’s time.
217church Easter Schedule 2013
Easter Series Topics:
March 31 – Follow Jesus
April 7 – Do What God Says
April 14 – Ask For Anything
April 21 – Give Big
April 28 – Forgive