“…Death no longer has any power over Him,” Romans 6:9
- R – Resurrection Power – Do you believe? This is the question. Belief that Jesus that has forgiven you gives you access to the resurrection power, and it is no JOKE! We see Jesus raise someone from the dead in Luke 8. But are you living like you are dead or alive? What have you given the enemy power over in your life. God wants to give you Resurrection power in EVERY area in your life. To overcome sin, addiction, failure, you now have access!
- I – Invitational Lifestyle – Are you taking anyone with you? Literally, who are you bringing along with you to be your rock? Who prays for you, believes with you, cares for you? Better yet, who are you praying for, believing in and caring for? Individualism is overrated. The world says be great, Jesus says to make Him Great and then make others great. (Matthew 22:37-39)
- S – Strong Theology – It’s not just that you believe the easy parts of the bible, but the framework that supports that belief matters. What we believe about God will determine what we do for him. Jesus isn’t a genie in a bottle granting wishes, but is more like a shepherd guiding us along the pathway of life. Here are 4 key ideas regarding who we believe Jesus is from 217church.
- Jesus is Savior – The bottom line is we are forgiven Acts 2:38, and our guilt is gone. Romans 8:1 This happened as a result of the blood that was shed on the cross for our sins.
- Jesus is Sanctifier – This means we have separation from Sin 1 Peter 1:15-16, and separation to God, Revelation 1:6
- Jesus is Healer – His healing power points everyone to him. John 9 Physical, spiritual, emotional, it’s all covered!
- Jesus is our Coming King – This means Jesus is coming back to Earth his appointed day to rescue us! Acts 1:11 Are you ready for His imminent return?
(You can read more in depth about these four ideas here)
- K – Killer Instinct – If you are going to Break Free you have to put to death your fleshly desire. Romans 8:13 . Put to death your pride, greed, and desire for more control. You need to realize you are in a battle with your own sin nature and the world. James 1:12-18 But this is where is gets good! Remember DEATH HAS NO POWER OVER YOU!
So isn’t it time to TAKE A RISK and follow Jesus with your whole heart? It’s easy to follow Jesus on Easter, your true test will come Monday morning. I’m looking forward to seeing you at one of the below Easter celebrations during Holy week. If you are nervous about coming, consider this e-mail I just received from someone who was at 217church for the first time this past Sunday:
“We really enjoyed the service on Sunday. This was our first time coming out and we felt everyone from the time we walked into the first door and ultimately taking our seat made us feel welcome. The service was well organized and we felt the message was straight to the point and relevant. We look forward to coming out again this coming Sunday.”
217church Easter Schedule 2013
P.S.- Know someone looking to attend a contemporary church in Mercer County, NJ for Easter? Take a risk and tweet, Facebook or email this blog post! There will be a HUGE party with Easter Egg hunt for the kids and a great time of worship with other individuals and families in the surrounding Mercer County and Bucks County areas (Hamilton, Lawrenceville, Trenton, East Windsor, West Windsor, Princeton, Robbinsville, Mercerville, Yardville, Yardley, Newtown, Langhorne and more!). Join us!