Today’s reading – Luke 10:17-20, 2 Corinthians 4:7-11
Transformation Circumstance – I am at rock bottom
Today we look at the fourth circumstance of transformation almost all of us experience. Have you been there? That moment when you realize it has all fallen apart? You feel like there is absolutely no hope at all and there is nowhere to go but up. One of my mentors used to tell me, “you are either about ready to go into a difficult time, in a difficult time, or just coming out of one.” Where are you? This post today is for all of you who find yourselves sitting on the floor isolated, alone, head in your hands feeling like there is no way out and no way forward.
4. Nothing Can Stop Us – Even though the world may come against you, you have a heavenly father who loves you and is for you. When Jesus hit rock bottom, he knew his father would raise him up to a greater mission of ministry. You have the same heavenly father as Jesus does. Depend on his strong hands. (Romans 8:31)
One more thing, if you have recently come through a rock bottom experience, now is the time to throw a big party and celebrate the faithfulness of God!
The 40 Day Fasting Explanation
A season of fasting and prayer – Over the next 40 days leading up to our 9th anniversary, our church family will be in a season of fasting and prayer. I invite you to come along with us and ask God for a transformation by the renewal of our minds.
1. An Everyday Habit in the Word – Each day I will be sending out a short devotional based on some selected readings. This begins through a simple prayer of asking God to renew us.
2. Continual Fasting – A 40 Day Prayer and Fasting Guide for 217church
God has blessed us through incredibly unique circumstances over the last nine years as 217church. We have baptized over 275 people and been given the unique calling to have a church planting and multiplication vision. The past 18 months of ministry have led the pastors and elders to call us as a congregation to a season of prayer and fasting. We want to use this time to understand the depth of God’s heart for us and the next steps he is calling us to. I trust your heart will be open and God will bring us to a deeper understanding of what it means to “rebuild lives one person at a time.”
We believe God wants us to fast over a period of 40 days. As a reminder, what you choose to fast is between you and Jesus. But you may want to include some natural encouragement and accountability over this 40 day period. This may mean you are doing one of the following as an example:
- Skipping a meal or a whole day of meals.
- Eliminating something like sugar, coffee, or meat to remind you of your total dependence on God.
- Encouraging one another in the church family as you pray together and sacrifice your physical sustenance for spiritual direction and focus.
What will God do? I am looking forward to see his direction.
Renewal is on the way – Join me along this process
Josh Conn is the founding pastor of 217church, a contemporary church in Mercer County NJ. 217church meets Sundays at 9:30am & 11:00am at Sharon Elementary school in Robbinsville, NJ. Visit www.217church.com for more information, or watch a weekend message here.